SWITCHMED – MED TEST II 2015-2017
Transfer of Environmentally Sound Technology (TEST) in the South Mediterranean Region – Jordan
Name of Client: UNIDO
The SWITCH-Med Programme is implemented by UNIDO and UNEP, through the Mediterranean Action Plan (MAP) and its Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP/RAC) and the Division of Technology, Industry and Economics (DTIE).
The SwitchMed program is funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in cooperation with UN Environment Mediterranean Action Plan (UN Environment/MAP), the Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP/RAC), and the UN Environment Economy Division.
MED TEST II project in Jordan has been led by the Royal Scientific Society / Water and Environment Center (WEC) in cooperation with the National Energy Research Center (NERC), in partnership with Amman Chamber of Industry (ACI), and was implemented under the patronage of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Supply (MoITS) and the Ministry of Environment (MoEnv).
Types of services provided:
- Policy instruments and institutional capacity building
- Conduct marketing and awareness campaigns
- Develop a selection criteria of the companies and application form/questionnaire to collect the required information from the interested companies
- Recommend to UNIDO demonstration companies for final approval. Sign an agreement/contract with these companies.
- Conduct industrial assessment at demonstration companies in line with UNIDO TEST guidelines.
- Prepare training master plan and deliver on-the-job trainings to company staff and professionals from local service providers.
Results of the TEST demonstration projects:
Initial assessments in the 12 MED TEST II demonstration companies in Jordan showed clear potential to reduce consumption of raw materials, water and/or energy with an estimated potential of 10-20% savings on the total energy bill.