REEEP (EU Project) 2015 - RENEWABLE ENERGY & ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROGRAM
The Royal scientific Society / National Energy Research Center (RSS/NERC) implemented the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Program in buildings to reduce energy consumption costs through implementing the most proper and cost-effective energy efficiency measures & renewable energy technologies.
To achieve this goal, a cooperation agreement was signed between RSS and the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources where RSS/NERC was assigned to execute comprehensive energy efficiency & renewable energy audits for buildings both public and private, in order to identify the potential of energy saving opportunities and the major maintenance and design features that make these buildings more efficient and comfortable, in addition to conducting trainings for public officers on EE & RE.
The program targeted 11 buildings within the Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Scope:
- Agricultural Credit Corporation (ACC)
- Princess Sumaya University Of Technology (PSUT)
- Jordan Petroleum Refinery Company (JPRC) Headquarter Building
- National Petroleum Co. (NPC) Management Building.
- King Abdullah University Hospital (KAUH)
- Electricity Distribution Company (EDCO) Management Building
- Central Electricity Generating Company (CEGCO) Management Building
- Samra Electric Power Company (SEPCO) Management Building
- Irbid District Electricity Co. (IDECO) Management Building
- Hashemite University (HU), Faculty of Engineering
- Housing &Urban Development Corporation Headquarters (HUD)
The following points summarize the core Energy Efficiency activities conducted by NERC:
- Provide complete audit results and recommendations
- Identify the overall reduction of energy use through recommended changes to systems or policies and procedures
- Identify and quantify the current and previous year utility usage and expense
- Identify the recommended energy saving opportunities
- Provide final audit report which contains all the above mentioned points