Cleaner Energy Saving Mediterranean Cities – 2016-2017
Location within country: Karak & Aqaba
Description of Project:
The CES-MED project operates in nine ENPI South countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia. It aims at supporting and strengthening the role and capacity of their local authorities to adopt and implement sustainable development policies at the local level, and this in synergy with national regulatory and legislative frameworks. The project offers direct support to these cities and municipalities in terms of technical expertise and training for the preparation of Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans (SECAP), which are also required to join the CoM.
Through the project National Energy Research Center (NERC) / Royal Scientific Society (RSS) do as consultant through the parts relating to prepare SECAP for Greater Karak Municipality (GKM) and Aqaba Special Economic Zone (ASEZA) in Jordan.
- Provide the required information and facilitate the communication to develop and report on the Baseline Emission Inventory (BEI) of the municipality.
- Provide the required information and facilitate the communication to develop and report on the Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan (SECAP) of the municipality.
- Develop action fiches for selected priority SECAP actions, including five comprehensive actions fiches for priority projects selected by the beneficiary LAs from actions prosed in the SECAP.
- Support the municipalities in the integration of the Citizen Awareness Promotion Plan (CAPP) in the SECAP document.
- Support the municipality in the holding of meetings necessary to approve the preparations of the SECAPs as well as for the approval of the document itself including support in the holding of related public consultations whenever required.